Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Best Diaper Deal - EVER!

Alright, so this is a post mostly just to gloat, but you can get the same deal too so keep reading. I just snagged a box of Size 3 Huggies Little Movers diapers (124 diapers) for $1.37! If that isn’t about the closest thing to free diapers as you’ve ever seen then I need stories! Wanna know how I did it?

First, I signed up for Amazon Mom. That gives me free 2-day shipping on everything I order directly from Amazon and also gives me an extra 15% discount (on top of the regular 15%) on items in the baby store like diapers and wipes when using Subscribe and Save.

Then, I got coupons. There’s a $10 off any Amazon baby store purchase coupon in some issues of Fit Pregnancy. There is also a 20% off any Amazon diaper purchase coupon in several magazines, including some Fit Pregnancy copies, Parenting: The Early Years and Parents. These come up pretty routinely so if you have a subscription you probably have several by now.

Then I earned myself an Amazon gift card for free! If you haven’t joined Swagbucks yet, go here and join now! You get points for searching the web, just use it like Google. You can also earn points for other things like taking surveys or voting on the daily poll among many other things. I usually get about 10-14 points on my 3rd search of the day but you can get up to 50 for one search! You only need 450 points to earn a $5 Amazon gift card and it took me just a few weeks to earn my last one. It was no work for me – I just used it in place of other search engines when I surfed the web every few days.

Finally, I shopped and compared the prices of the different diapers online. I surmised that the Huggies Snug & Dry were the cheapest per diaper, but I have heard better things about the Huggies Little Movers for larger sizes when she starts to be mobile so I decided that the $1 difference was okay with me. The non-sale price for the case was $39.21 but they were on sale for $32.75. After the 30% subscribe and save discount, the price went down to $22.93. Then I applied my 20% off coupon to bring the price down to $16.38 and with the $10 coupon it was all the way down to $6.38. Lastly, I added my $5 gift card and I ended up paying only $1.37 for 124 diapers. That’s a penny a diaper! Before sales and coupons, they would have been $0.31 per diaper so I ended up with a 96% savings!

I have to say, this is the best deal that I have EVER gotten on diapers! I am just beyond excited that I am going to have this amazing stockpile of diapers and wipes before baby Zoey is born in March and I won’t have to worry about buying a single thing for months after she’s born.

If you have questions about the process or how Amazon works, read my post below or comment with your questions – I’m happy to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment